Posted on March 20 2018
WARNING : These properties, indications and methods of use are taken from reference books or websites in aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and phytotherapy. They are found regularly and for many confirmed by observations in a scientific environment. However, this information is given for information purposes, they can not in any way constitute medical information, nor engage our responsibility. For any use of essential oils, hydrosols and plants or plant powders for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.EO = Essential Oil
HOW TO STOP SMOKING WITH ESSENTIAL OILS?
As we all know, tobacco is very harmful: it is the second leading cause of death worldwide and the leading cause of preventable death. Indeed, it increases the risk of developing many diseases and alters the quality of life:
- Increased risk of cancer , primarily lung cancer (90% of lung cancers are related to active smoking in India), but also of the throat, mouth, lips, oesophagus, pancreas, kidneys and the bladder
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease , especially if associated with the pill: clot formation, heart attack, stroke, ...
- Increased risk of respiratory illness , including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which occurs in 85% of cases in smokers or former smokers
- Increased design difficulties : decreased fertility in men, increased conception time, increased risk of miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy.
- Decreased breathing and cardiac capacity during exercise, yellowing of fingers and teeth, acceleration of skin aging with early appearance of wrinkles and dulling of complexion, bad breath ... in short, the picture is not pleasing!
Not only dangerous for oneself, smoking is also dangerous for others. The passive smoking increases the risk of developing smoking-related diseases, especially respiratory and cardiac-type (increased risk of asthma and respiratory infections in children, lung cancer, heart attacks and strokes in adults).
Despite all these risks, about 30% of Indians are smokers and 2 out of 3 people want to quit smoking, which is not an easy task because tobacco is addictive due to the effects of nicotine .
THE ESSENTIAL OILS THAT ACCOMPANY STOPPING SMOKING
Certain essential oils such as Ginger also help with smoking cessation by balancing the nervous system and strengthening the will. In the event of smoking cessation, it is important to eat a balanced diet and to practice regular physical activity in order to avoid weight gain, which is often present during a smoking cessation because tobacco cuts hunger and makes people lose their taste for food.